A strange coincidence this evening. My two young terrors chowed down on spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and as they were having a sleep over with their cousins, they all curled up afterwards and watched a movie. They chose “Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs”. I am not sure if this was a subliminal reaction to dinner, but it got me thinking about other food and movie related mash ups. A sort of different take on Dinner and a Movie perhaps.
So here is my top ten list of dinner and movie combinations….
1. Dinner and Diner (1982)
2. Chocolate and Chocolat (2000)
3. Coq au Vin and Sideways (2004)
4. KFC and Chicken Run (2000)
5. McDonalds and Super Size Me (2004)
6. Taco Bell and Tortilla Soup (2001)
7. BLT and Babe (1995)
8. BBQ and The Midnight Meat Train (2008)
9. Cheese on toast and We Brought a Zoo (2012) – or anything by Cameron Crowe, the Cheesemeister.
10. Swordfish and Swordfish (2001)
What about you – any nutritious thoughts?
Along a similar theme, the following tweet today made me chuckle:-
“You know what they call The Hunger Games in France?” “BattleRoyale with cheese.”